SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR GENERAL MANAGER OF OPERATIONS FOR WPLFC
12 Sep 19
The West Preston Lakeside Football Club (WPLFC) are seeking interest for the position of General Manager
Operations (GMO) to support the administration and implementation of improvement initiatives across the
The WPLFC is a very successful club across both senior and junior grades and prides itself on being
recognized as a strong community leader. The club provides an inclusive environment and the successful
candidate will be a part of a dedicated team who work closely together for the benefit of the club and its
The WPLFC has over 15 teams across both the Senior and Junior football and senior netball. Due to the
solid growth across Football, Commercial and Compliance Operations, WPLFC requires the services of a
General Manager. The successful candidate will help drive the strategic plan of the Club with aims,
amongst others, to develop sustainable football operations, build new income streams, focus on community
partnerships and provide WPLFC the best opportunity to deliver on and off-field success.
Overview of Role:
To manage the following functions across the club instituting the WPLFC values and behaviours in respect,
integrity and passion, primarily focusing on:
1. Maintaining and then Growing Sponsorship Revenue.
2. Nurturing Sponsorship relations and communications including game day, network
3. Hospitality set up (Canteen Strategy)
4. Facility Funding contribution through stakeholder network
5. Establish Junior Pathways – build School Advocate program with focus on girls and
6. Review membership offerings with a view of growing membership
7. Support President and Committee as appropriate
• Demonstrated skills in developing long term relationships and implementing successful commercial
plans, strategies and initiatives.
• Building commercial opportunities and raising revenue streams for the club to support its various
• Coordinate relationships and activities with identified schools and junior feeder clubs – promoting
the participation and elite pathway within the community
• Manage canteen operations and grow hospitality opportunities
• Work with Committee to establish a strategic commercial and community partnerships plan
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
• Motivation & Passion to succeed, having a dynamic personality with innovative concepts ready for
• Experience in local football environment preferred but not essential. Experience in business
development and/or sales and marketing preferred.
• Strong ability to build and sustain lateral relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to influence both audience and individuals, articulating concepts.
• Highly developed communication, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent
computer, presentation, general administration and finance skills.
• Would suit a self-starter who can work autonomously and who is looking for workplace flexibility
• Reports to the President of the WPLFC
• Coaching & Support Staff
• Darebin Council
• Position based at Moore Park, Reservoir, Victoria
• Work Pattern, Part Time with out of normal hours work as required.
• Necessity for local travel as required.
• Consists of both fixed and variable component
• Details available on application
Applications can be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Luciano
Condurso (President) on 0400 815 709 or Gino Nardella (Treasurer) 0448 312 043