SMOKE FREE POLICY
The West Preston Lakeside Football Club recognises that passive smoking is hazardous to health and those non-smoking club members and visitors have the right to be protected from exposure to tobacco smoke.
Accordingly, the following policy shall apply to all club facilities, functions, meetings and activities undertaken by the club and will apply to all members, officials, players and club visitors.
All club facilities are to be completely smoke free and shall include:
Cigarettes will not be sold (including vending machines) at any time at or by the club
- The social rooms inclusive of bar, kitchen, meeting room, toilets and storage area
- Player change rooms inclusive of warm up area, toilets and showers, medical room and property room
Players, Officials & Coaches
Coaches, players, trainers, volunteers and officials will attempt to refrain from smoking and remain smoke free while involved in an official junior and senior capacity for the club, off and on the field.
All club functions including social and fund raising events and meetings are to be completely smoke free:
- Ashtrays will be removed from all club facilities
- Cigarette butt bins will be provided at outdoor locations for smokers to dispose of cigarette butts before entering/ re-entering smoke free areas at club facilities
- Smokers leaving the designated licensed area of the clubs social rooms will not be permitted to take alcohol from that area
All club committee members will enforce the smoke free policy and any non-compliance will be handled according to the following process:
- Explanation of the club policy to the person/people concerned, including identification of the areas in which smoking is permitted
- Continued non-compliance with the policy should be handled by at least two committee members who will use their discretion as to the action taken, which may include asking the person/ people to leave the club facilities or function
The club will promote the smoke free policy regularly by:
The club recognises the importance of educating club members, particularly players and the benefits of implementing a smoke free policy and will endeavour to provide information to assist this process.
- Publishing a copy of the policy in club newsletters, notice boards and printed member/player information
- Displaying a copy of the policy in the club social rooms
- Periodic announcements to members at functions
The club will actively participate in the Australian Drug Foundation Good Sports program with an ongoing priority to maintain Level Three accreditation.
To ensure this policy remains relevant to club operations and reflects community expectations the policy will be reviewed annually.
Signed The West Preston Lakeside Football Club Committee